Aquaculture Oxygen Enhancer
Oxygen is needed by all animals either living on land or in water. The demand of oxygen is high in aquaculture species as they get oxygen that are dissolved in water. It is important that they must receive sufficiently high concentration so that the function and health is maintained. A diverse population of micro-organisms as well as fish rely on a supply of oxygen.Deny them oxygen, and the water quality will deteriorate; add extra and the pond will explode into life. When there is lack of oxygen in the pond, the bacteria can’t oxidize ammonia into nitrite and then into nitrate. Excess of ammonia in the water can cause health issue and make the water more toxic, which need toxin binderfor removing it. If a pond is allowed to become oxygen deficient for any period of time, anaerobic conditions will prevail causing unstable water conditions that hamper the health of the fishes and may increase mortality. The physical nature of water puts limitations on how much oxygen we can expect our pond water to hold. During high temperature, the temperature of water rises which reduces the ability to absorb oxygen in it.
Effect on Fish of High Water Temperature & Low Oxygen Solubility
The solubility of oxygen decreases in water with increase in temperature. Because of an increased metabolic rate the oxygen requirement increases as water temperatures increase. If the total oxygen demand of the system, which includes fish, bacteria and submerged plants, exceeds the dissolved oxygen levels the fish are likely to suffer.
1. There is a lot of organic matter which uses substantial amounts of dissolved oxygen when it decomposes.
2. There are large amounts of submerged plants and algae, because they remove oxygen at night (photosynthesis)
3. Disease treatments such as formalin are used in high temperatures because they remove oxygen from the water.
4. Water Dechlorinators remove oxygen from water. 5. Bacteria consume oxygen.
1. Generates Oxygen to maintain maximum level in pond.
2. Helps in removing organic load and noxious gases from the bottom of pond.
3. Maintains an optimum level of oxygen for a stress-free environment.
4. Maintains consistent level of oxygen for stress free environment.
5. Non Toxic and reactive.
6. Improve the quality of pond by releasing desired oxygen content.
7. Manages organic waste 8. Removes toxins and other Hazardous gases.
Usage & Administration
1Kg-2Kg per acre of pond.
During Stress and lack of oxygen: 2Kg-3Kg per acre of pond.